Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!!

I apologize in advance that there are not more pictures.  I was too busy enjoying my time with my wife to be focused on recording it.  So, for Sarah's birthday on the 20th, I took the day off work and we spent it together.  It was a great chance to have some quality time for conversation and togetherness.  We also spent part of the day with our friend's youngest daughter, Rachel.  We went to lunch together at Olive Garden (Sarah's choice - it's one of her favorites).  Then we went to see the Texas Tech Museum (in 4 years, we've never gone - yes, I know, it's sad).  We had a great time.  The exhibits were interesting and although we had a little one to keep track of, she was a perfect lady.


This was an exhibit that featured full-size artwork from pictures that were included in classic books such as 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Last of the Mohicans.  They had several books that you could sit and read.  Rachel is ALL about things she can hold.

They had many others, including photographs from the Associated Press of presidents throughout history, local animals, bugs, and dig findings, an exhibit showing Navajo pottery and weavings, one showing black dresses from different periods in history and for different occasions, and one about dinosaurs.


This was a Ford Model T that they had on display.  One of Sarah's dreams is to get one of these for her dad, who loves them.  For now, this picture will have to do...

After we picked up the kids from school, we went to our friend's house for cake, ice cream, and good conversation and had a lot of fun there.  I hope she had fun.  I know I did.

- Josh


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday. I know she enjoyed it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day!! ...and Rachel looks like a doll. What a cutie!! Hope you're day was super! and remember I CALLED FIRST!!! (hehehe)

    ReplyDelete