Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Visitor

A friendly visitor!
So it was like any other day I was watching the kids and they had some friends over. Olivia one of the girls wanted to play barbies with Meagan. She brought out the tub that had all the clothes and barbies in them and they began to play. Meagan was reaching in to get an outfit for Olivia when she shrieked and said there was something moving in the tub. Lo and behold we found this....


....A small little gecko was trying as hard as he could to climb out of the tub. By then all the kids came running and wanted to see the little guy. I looked online to see if we could find out what this little guy was. He is a Mediterranean gecko. I guess they are very common in the south and very hard to get rid of since most pesticides do not kill them. They are good however because they will eat cockroaches and moths and spiders (and anything that will kill spiders is okay in my book).


We played around for a while and then set him free in the grass outside out apt. Oh, and the kids named him Barbie Farbie Gecko.

-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I don't care what they do, I don't want lizards in my house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete