Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Meagan turns 12! (How do WE have a kid that old?!?!?!)

I wonder sometimes how it is that I got so old when I wasn't looking.  I remember being a teenager.  I remember going on and getting home from a mission.  I remember getting married and the rush of that first year with my beautiful wife Sarah.  The next day, I have a 12 year old daughter.  What.  The.  Heck.?!?!?!?



This is Meagan with her skateboard.  Yes, I said skateboard.  No, I did not bribe her or dictate this picture in any way.  This is my daughter.  All of these, are my daughter.


Pre-present Meagan.


Meagan with Lego Lord of the Rings.  Yes, my daughter likes Tolkien.  I'm tearing up I'm so proud...


Yes, those are Hobbit Pez dispensers.  You may be overwhelmed by awesomeness at your leisure.


And as a side note, this is the picture that I didn't post in the Christmas Blog.  The two other gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Stumm, both from their mission to Africa.


And what birthday would be complete without cake.  And a Rainbow Dash cake that she helped decorate at that.  It's almost like the CAKE is somehow 20% cooler.  I never knew cakes could do that...

Now, however, Meagan is officially in Young Women's at church.  She LOVES it.  We have some fantastic young women in our ward.  To meet some of them, might I suggest you check out THIS.  They are fantastic and we love them very much.  I am so proud of the woman our daughter is becoming.  She inspires me with her love of life.  I am grateful to be her father and look forward to many more years of birthdays and togetherness.

- Josh                  



1 comment:

  1. Turning 12 sure happened awfully fast...we remember so well the day she was born!!

    ReplyDelete