Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

This year, Halloween is a little different.  It's our first in our own house.  This year will also be Meagan's last going trick-or-treating.  It also happens to be our first with a dog, and that's where we'll start...



I was not actually there for the taking of this picture, but I can just hear Sarah's mom, Janet in the background saying in her "witchy" voice, "I'll GET you, my pretty, and your little girl too!!!!"


Meagan, in wanting to do something a bit different this year, was completely absorbed by a question that took over her imagination.  She simply couldn't understand why the rum is always gone...


Jacob, on the other hand, decided to go as a Ninja.  No, that is apparently not pronounced Nin-jah, it's Nin-yah (just ask him).



I feel so blessed, however, to have kids that get along so well all the time.  They don't fight, they CERTAINLY don't hurt each other... What's that?  The pictures tell a different story?  Well...

It was an interesting night.  Sarah, at home, only saw about 10 trick-or-treating groups.  We went out and the proportion of houses that were actually accepting trick-or-treaters was not much better.  I don't know if it's the advent of trunk-or-treating at local churches or groups, or something else, but even 10 years ago, there were more people that got into the festive spirit.  I'm thinking that we're going to have to step up our efforts more at our ward's trunk-of-treat to compensate because I'm not sure it's going to be worth it anymore to take Jacob out walking neighborhoods with no one participating.  It's almost like a piece of my childhood is gone.  Kind of a weird feeling...

- Josh                

1 comment:

  1. Oh...yes...I WILL get you my pretty. Awesome costumes...even the dogs!!!

    ReplyDelete