Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence Day

So for the 4th of July celebrations, we went over to a friend's house that lives in another ward.  They had family and several other friends there.  Dinner and BBQ was good, and games were fun.  The kids ran around and played and jumped on their sunken trampoline.  Of course, though, the whole point of Independence Day is the fireworks, just like Christmas is presents, and Easter is Easter Eggs...

So when it got dark, we, like most of the rest of the city, started setting off the various and sundry fireworks that those who came brought.  It was a pretty splendid display and something like 11 other fireworks displays were visible both near and far.

Jacob came over to ask me why we were doing fireworks, so I explained to him about the Revolutionary War and the reason we celebrate the 4th of July.  He thanked me and walked off.  About 10 seconds later, I see him running around in a circle with his hands waving in the air, screaming at the top of his lungs:  "Freeeeeeeedom!!!!  Sweet Freeeeeeeeedom!!!" over and over again.  I about died laughing.

You know, I half expect the boy to grow up looking like this...


- Josh

1 comment: