Monday, July 7, 2014

Girls Camp

Follow the Yellow Brick Road
2014

This was the first year Meagan had the opportunity to go to Young Women's camp. I will let Meagan tell you all about her adventures....
Girls camp was soooooooo fun, my favorite thing was the zip line. Our cabin was crazy the best day was the last when we had testimony meeting. The spirit was so strong and I know that I was supposed to go to girls camp to help those to feel the spirit and I can't wait til next year!
The crazy thing was they had to drive 4 and a half hours to get to girls camp!! That and they had cabins with electricity and bathrooms with showers (I remember having to jump into a freezing cold river to "take a shower"). All in all, I think she had a blast and many came up to me afterwards and comment on how impressed they were with Meagan and excited to get to know here better (our new bishop said he was so impressed with how she would give all the girls who bore their testimony and cried a hug, even if she didn't know them). We actually moved to our new home two days before camp, so she went with our old ward but got to meet some girls from our new ward and really liked them. 
 Before...

After...

Strep throat did go around and a few even went home early because of it. Meagan wasn't feeling good so I took her in the next day and sure enough she had strep. I asked her if this would prevent her from wanting to go next year and she said, "Heck no!" 
 I have such fond memories of girls camp and I was praying all week that Meagan would have a good experience and also that I would survive without her (it was my first time being away from her for more than one night in a row). Well I did survive and so did she. She even said she missed her brother and that she wanted to be a better sister to him (The Lord really does work miracles). :P

-Sarah                

1 comment:

  1. Girls camp is always a special experience. Glad you enjoyed it, Meagan.

    ReplyDelete