Sunday, November 3, 2013

All Hallows Eve fun

Haunted House

So this year I have been making lots of new friends and I found a kindred spirit. Nicole and I love doing crafts and really enjoy spending time together talking and playing :D
She had the brilliant idea of making some Halloween themed houses. She decided to do a more victorian themed house and I chose to make mine a haunted looking house.


 So I used glitter to craft the orange spiders on the roof and Popsicle sticks cut up all jagged like for the door and fence and windows. The ghosts in the windows are molded clay and the sign and skull are stickers. I really really love the way the door turned out.


The sides both have a spider climbing up or down the house and sparkles around the windows. The pumpkins were also made with molding clay and then painted. I really hate spiders so they are scary for me :D


The back I had trouble trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I went through many different ideas but ended up with the brooms (which were tricky to make) and the moon with bats. I am very pleased how it turned out. The roof is one of my fav's I love the spider web. Like I said spiders creep me out.


 It took us all month to finish but we had so much fun in the process. That and we had some really great talks too. She is an amazing woman and I am so lucky to have befriended her. Her two year old daughter, Cheyenne also helped me a little. We are already thinking of the next fun activity to start.....maybe a gingerbread house.....we will see.

- Sarah      
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm super impressed!!!!! The house looks awesome!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's super!! I'm like Rias....super impressed. What creative talent!! Soon I'll be posting pictures of a Victorian Farmhouse that a friend made with her girls. They did a super job too. Both you and her have inspired me to try.....we'll see if I actually do later. Can't wait to see your next creation....btw, what's it made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah here...it is made out of paper mache

    ReplyDelete