Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winter in Texas??

Winter fun!!

 So those who have ever lived in Texas know that winter is not the normal kind of winter you have when you have lived in places like Washington, Minnesota or other Northern areas. This last week, "winter" has come to the south. The highs have only reached the high 20's. It is crazy!!

  
The kids were ecstatic when I told them that church was cancelled and to look outside to find out why. They have missed the snow since moving to Lubbock. I have missed it. I have some very fond memories of sledding and playing in the snow. Josh, on the other hand, HATES the cold and unfortunately, snow only comes when it is cold, so he could care less. His loss :(
 

The first thing the kids wanted to do is run out and have a snowball fight. I let them loose and the joyous sounds of glee screamed through the house as they got ready to endure the cold.
 

I was very surprised that we actually got inches worth of snow that day. Elizabeth my sister who just happens to be on a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas never believed me that snow came to us. Ha!  Told ya so, Sis!  I really love snow, and hope that it will, by some miracle, not only snow again, but snow on Christmas day. We shall see....

-Sarah 

1 comment: